Organizations requesting a charitable donation must provide a written request and supporting documentation and be available for potential subsequent inquiries or requests for information from ITLA.
The ITLA Executive Committee will review contribution requests and present to the ITLA Board of Directors those requests that meet the ITLA Charitable Giving Criteria. The ITLA Board will vote by simple majority whether to contribute based on the merit of the request and the constraints of the ITLA budget. The amount of funding will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
ITLA Charitable Giving Criteria
Any group or organization requesting a charitable donation from ITLA will be reviewed with these following considerations:
- Whether the mission of the requesting organization is aligned with the mission of ITLA.The benefit to the membership of ITLA considering:
- The number of members who will benefit;
- The potential impact of the activity or project on our members and/or their clients;
- Will the benefit have a local, statewide or national effect?
- Whether the contribution would be one-time or on-going.
- Whether the contribution would benefit the goodwill, standing, or reputation of the ITLA.
- Whether the events/activities have already occurred.
- Whether the organization is primarily partisan in nature.
The following are generally ineligible to receive contributions from ITLA:
- Requests that pose a conflict of interest or a potential conflict of interest to ITLA.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, color, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
If your organization would like to be considered for a charitable contribution please fill out the application linked here.